Now that we have Thanksgiving gluttony and sloth out of the way, it’s time to look back and reflect on the year in music. And it’s been a very good year.
First up, I’ll be listening to Pitchfork’s Best Albums of 2012. The video playlist above includes a track from each artist’s album below. I’ve also created a playlist on MOG which includes all but one of these albums.
- Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d. city
- Frank Ocean – Channel Orange
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor – ‘Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend!
- Grizzly Bear – Shields
- Beach House – Bloom
- Tame Impala – Lonerism
- Swans – The Seer
- Fiona Apple – The Idler Wheel
- Dirty Projectors – Swing Lo Magellan
- Japandroids – Celebration Rock
- Spiritualized – Sweet Heart Sweet Light